Tuesday, September 07, 2021

A Cat Was Involved

 by Spencer Quinn

eBook via Libby

Short story - A Chet and Bernie


I've finally read the "how we met" story for my two favorite detectives! I loved this little story about the day Chet "flunked" out of K-9 school when he didn't pass the leaping test. It has been referred to in so many of the novels that I'm so glad Quinn wrote it and I read it. I have one big problem with it, though. 


In the novels, it definitely sounds as though Chet experienced life with Bernie when he was still married to Leta. In this short story, the divorce has happened and Leta and Charlie are already gone. It's not a huge deal, but it irked me. I loved hearing how Chet and Bernie connected. Rick Torres' younger brother Bobby just didn't understand Chet.

No comments: