Thursday, July 29, 2021

Heart of Barkness

by Spencer Quinn

Scott County Library eBook (Libby)

Published: 2019

Book #9 in Chet and Bernie Mysteries

Genre: Murder Mystery

 

I read this a few weeks ago, but kept forgetting to blog it. It was my first time reading on Libby, Scott County's new eReader. I really enjoyed having the book on my phone!

 

In this one, Bernie's neighbors the Parsons have gotten a saguaro cactus from their son who was recently released from jail. Soon a conservation officer shows up to charge them with a crime. As Bernie and Chet look into the mystery, one body after another shows up. Shooter (who is clearly Chet's progeny) plays a key role in this tale. 

 

I love Chet! I don't like when people try to hurt him. I love that the good guys win in the end. These books are addicting and I quickly ordered and read the next title in a weekend at the lake.

 

 

 

No comments: