Friday, April 19, 2019

In Case You Missed It

by Sarah Parer Littman
Mrs. Weiers bookshelf, PRMS paperback 305 pages
genre: YA realistic fiction

You can google a description of the book . . . college-prep stress, friendships, social media, true self vs. what people see, parents and children, cancer, etc.

I chose this book while subbing (10 minutes silent reading time) because the book I had brought from home was not worth my time (Better World Books donation later that day). The first one I grabbed off Katie's shelf didn't work for me, either. This one was better.

Likes: realistic people and situations (brother/sister dynamic, girlfriends, etc.), positive outcome, grappling with difficult situations, etc.

Dislike: Although I liked the book overall and took the time to read it cover to cover, the characters and storytelling just weren't engaging enough for me to rave about it. It's not a book that I'll think about tomorrow . . . but it was worth the time.

No comments: