Friday, April 19, 2019

Hour Game

by David Baldacci
loaned by a coworker . . . a few years ago, hardcover 437 pages
genre: murder mystery

I seriously considered just returning this book without reading it . . . but after two or so years, I thought it made sense to just get 'r done. So I read it while cuddling my grandson. That made the grisly murders less horrific somehow.

Someone is committing murders that look like famous serial murder copycat crimes . . . only the killer is sending letters that say they are purposely NOT copycats. There's a huge cast of characters, but private investigators Alex King and Michelle Maxwell are the ones to crack the case.

As I mentioned this book to my sister, she raved about Baldacci's team of King and Maxwell. She hadn't read this book yet (the title alludes to the killer using watches on his victims to indicate the number . . . and one tick off for certain victims). I don't want to include any spoilers, but I did not figure things out before the end!

Now I can finally return the book! (Clear the clutter in my home and my life . . . )

No comments: