Saturday, September 08, 2018

The Gift

by Richard Paul Evans
Hennepin County Library hardcover 332 pages
genre: inspirational fiction

I read this after reading Evans' book Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me About Life and Wealth. I was curious. Doing a little reading online, I think I meant to request the book The Christmas Box. I also learned (as I had suspected) that he is a Mormon. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm curious enough to get the first book I had intended to get . . .

The Gift was engaging enough that I read it in one sitting. Nathan Hurst has had a difficult life with tragedies and rejection early on. When he encounters Addison Park and her two children in an airport, his life is changed. Collin Park is weak from chemo for his leukemia, but his special gift becomes the focus for the story.

I enjoyed the story and even cried at the sad parts (predictable though they were). My favorite character was Nathan's assistant, Miche.

No comments: