Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Ghosts

by Raina Telgemeier
PRMS paperback 240 pages
genre: YA graphic novel, supernatural layered on realistic

Wow! Another fabulous book by Telgemeier! In this story, the family is moving because Maya has cystic fibrosis and will benefit from a different climate. Older sister Catrina loves Maya and understands the move, but she isn't happy about leaving her home and her friends.

I just decided that I don't feel like blogging any more of this. It's a wonderful story, though I'm not typically a "day of the dead" / ghosts / celebrating with skeletons kind of gal. Telgemeier makes it work. I can think of many of my readers who will love this book and want to visit the town in Northern California to visit with ghosts themselves! (Though I'm pretty sure that Bahia de la Luna is a fictional town.)

No comments: