Tuesday, December 01, 2015

The Scottish Bride

by Catherine Coulter
Hennepin County Library audiobook 9 discs
read by Anne Flosnik
genre: historical romance

Dumb. And yet I listened to the entire thing. I almost ejected disc one and moved on to something else, but no. I kept listening. Handsome widowed vicar Tysen Sherbrooke has just inherited a castle and a title in Scotland. His ten-year-old daughter disguises herself and tags along. (Little kids - in a romance novel? Please.) His entire personality changes immediately and drastically when he encounters Mary Rose. The usual ensues. Conflict, passion, stupidity. The last portion of the story made me mad when Tysen's dilemma was between being happy (and a kind, loving father and husband) or following God . . . ahem. I mean being serious and devout in his parishoners' eyes. Yuk. Can't believe I wasted as much time on this as I did.

No comments: