Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Post 1,000! Must be Momentous

Okay, when I saw that this was my 1,000th post on this blog, I simply couldn't write about the audiobook I just finished. It was much too banal of a book. I love reading! I'm a little obsessive, finishing books that are truly not worth the time. Just for a change of pace, I'll list a few of my all-time favorites.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I have read it at least six times in its entirety
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
The Holy Bible (this list is NOT in "top ten" format)
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman (published the year I was born!)
Slumdog Millionaire by Vikas Swarup (NOT the movie . . . never seen it. Don't want to.)
any Calvin and Hobbes collection
The Hiding Place by Carrie ten Boom
The Bone series by Jeff Smith

This was harder to do (spontaneously) than I expected! I read almost anything I come across. When I asked Louie what my favorite books were, he said "Jane Eyre" and "Pride and Prejudice." When I told him I had those already, he said, "You read the Harry Potter books a lot." Yep. I've read the entire series three times. And I've read Tolkien's Fellowship books once per decade since the 1970s. There are a lot of books I re-read . . . and a lot of others I experience once and move on from. That's why I blog. To keep track of the titles and my initial reactions.

If you're a regular reader of my blog, I'd love for you to leave a comment! I sometimes feel as though I'm writing in a void (and this is actually a storage spot for my thoughts, not an audience-driven vehicle). I love to read AND to connect to other readers!

No comments: