Saturday, January 31, 2015

Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant?

by Roz Chast
Carver County Library paperback 240 pages
genre: graphic novel memoir

This was very interesting! Although there were aspects of Chast's experience that were quite different from mine (Jewish, only child, loss of both parents vs. Christian, three sibs, dad's still alive), there were enough similarities for this book to really resonate with me! Issues of managing time, money, and feelings were key. Dealing with the accumulation of stuff over decades - this really hit home!

I gave it to Louise, hoping she would read it quickly so Ann could perhaps read it, too. I hoped to go to the discussion of the book at the EP library on Monday night. But just now I realized that my appointment for Pepper's grooming is also on Monday night. Reschedule the grooming? Sigh. I would love to talk with others who have read this book and are dealing with these issues.

Her drawing style isn't my favorite, but she is a wonderful storyteller.

No comments: