Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Summer Hideaway

by Susan Wiggs
Hennepin County Library audiobook 10 discs
genre: romance

This was so much better than the last few I've tried! There was actually a plot and some character development. Claire Turner is a private duty nurse. She's been on her own and on the run since she was 17 years old and saw her foster dad (a respected cop) murder her two foster brothers. Ross Bellamy is coming home after two years in Afghanistan and is dismayed that his grandfather is "giving up" on medical treatments for his brain tumor. I didn't enjoy the back story quite as much . . . every time the story went back to the 1940s and 50s, I urged it to hurry back to the modern story. (Yeah - what's dumber - talking to my stereo while I drive, or continuing to check out romance stories?)

No comments: