Tuesday, March 25, 2014

When Passion Rules

by Johanna Lindsey
Hennepin Library audiobook, 9 discs
read by: Rosalyn Landor
genre: historical romance

Why, why, why do I even try romance books? And why do I insist on completing the entire work? Sigh. Alana has been raised in England and is facing the choices of a girl on the brink of becoming a woman - to marry, to teach, . . . but then her "uncle" drops a bomb on her. She is actually the princess of Lubinia. He was hired to kill her in her infancy, but he couldn't do it and took her away to raise her instead. Now he needs to take her back to avoid war in her home country.

It's the incredibly gorgeous, well-built captain of the guard (but also a nobleman) Christoph Becker who becomes her nemesis, protector, lover, and . . . yeah. Predictable beyond belief. I wish I could find an author like LaVeryle Spencer who actually wrote interesting stories with good plots that also included a romance angle. Oh well. Knowing that they are usually junk, I should just avoid them like the plague. This one was slightly less irritating than the other book of hers I've read.

No comments: