Sunday, July 07, 2013

172 Hours on the Moon

by Johan Harstad
Hennepin County Library hardcover 353 pages
genre: SciFi horror

I shouldn't have read this so soon after The Dumbest Generation. The teens in this book were selfish, vapid, and kind of idiotic. The premise of the story was not even remotely realistic. Three teenagers (none of them Americans) are selected by lottery to go to the moon on the next NASA mission. None of these teens actually wants to go. NASA is doing this for PR and to get more funding (from Norway, France, and Japan? Well, that's where the kids are from). Sigh. I really couldn't enjoy it because it bugged me so much. I think there are some students who would enjoy it. There was definitely some suspense in the "will anyone make it out alive?" sense. Not a book I'll rave about, that's for sure.

No comments: