Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Perfect Chemistry

by Simone Elkeles
Hennepin County library audiobook 8 CDs
genre: teen romance
readers: Roxanne Hernandez & Blas Kisic

Intriguing. I'd say it's a bit too mature for my students, but I already know of one girl who has read it (a copy she borrowed from another of my students). Brittany is the "perfect" blond cheerleader who doesn't let anyone know her real story. Alex (Alejandro) is the tough but gorgeous gang member who's not really as bad as everyone thinks. Naturally, they fall for one another after being assigned as chemistry partners. There was some nice layering in this story and enough conflict to keep it really interesting. I definitely liked Alex's story better than Brittany's. Neither reader had an overwhelmingly wonderful quality, but they weren't total turnoffs, either. Brittany was a bit too whiny for me. Not sure yet if I'll read the other books in the series, but if I do, it will be the print versions!

No comments: