Friday, March 29, 2013

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

by Francis Chan
Hennepin County Library paperback 166 pages
genre: non-fiction Christian faith

I love this book! But I'm torn about buying a copy to keep (when I'm trying to be frugal and decrease my possessions) or just re-checking it out from the library. Chan raises some important questions about faith and living for God versus self.

I want to take time to reflect on these passages:






I was vacillating between just getting out of this book whatever I could (and getting it back to the library since someone else was waiting for it) and wanting to own a copy. I'm trying to own fewer things, yet after paying $2.10 in overdues fees, I think I just want to own a copy. It would make a great devotional, in a way. He keeps writing that you should put the book down and pray about what he has brought up. I love how he keeps putting the focus onto God and God's Word. Phenomenal book.

No comments: