Thursday, October 25, 2012

Black Butler

written & drawn by Yana Toboso
Hennepin County Library
genre: YA manga

I asked a die-hard manga fan what new series I should buy and she suggested this one. When I got it from the library, it looked okay. I probably shouldn't have read it . . . it's not that "bad" except that I really dislike manga-style comics. The butler is absolutely amazing; efficient, composed, never-stopping. Ciel Phantomhive, though a child, is the head of the Phantomhive company and fortune. Other than the butler, his household help are incredibly inept and always needing the butler Sebastian's help. Sebastian is incredibly handsome as well as efficient and at the end of this story, we learn of the mysterious bond between butler and child. I *so* don't like this book. Will I buy it for PRMS anyway? Or keep looking?

No comments: