Monday, June 11, 2012

Raising Dragons

by Bryan Davis
Hennepin County LIbrary hardcover ? pages
genre: Christian YA fantasy

I initially requested this as a possibility for a 6th grade LAX fantasy title, then wanted to read it just because I love to read, but finally decided to just peruse it and return it because I just don't have enough time! I only read the first two chapters before we got to the library, but I was really enjoying it. The protagonist doesn't realize that he has dragon blood, but he knows that his breath has been getting hotter and stronger. He also has strange dreams in which he's a dragon. Then a weird guy in a Cadillac is following him. The writing is very clean (not surprising from a Christian author) and appealing. This would work with upper elementary / young middle school kids. I wish I had time to finish reading it, because it's a delightful book from the outset.

No comments: