Monday, February 27, 2012

Crossing Oceans

by Gina Holmes
genre: Christian fiction, relationships

Right after blogging about our (tonight) book club title, I looked to see what I had written about this author's first book. Nothing! I'm not a super-efficient (or effective) blogger . . . but I like having this repository of my responses to what I've been reading.

We read this title in September 2010 for the Spirit of Life book club. It was about a woman who was estranged from her family. She left home pregnant and lived her own life for a while. She returned home after being diagnosed with terminal cancer so that her daughter could be cared for by her father and grandmother when she is gone.

Her ex-boyfriend (and father of her child) is now married and since they are unable to conceive, they want the child.

Legal, emotional, ethical issues ensue. Very interesting and engaging book. I *loved* the grandma!

No comments: