Friday, December 24, 2010

Stolen in the Night

by Patricia MacDonald
long story . . .
genre: murder mystery

I had checked out the audiobook of this for my dad a year ago. The last disk was so badly scratched that he didn't find out who the killer was. I had checked out a print edition and started reading it into an audio format on my laptop while he was in Florida last winter. I finally had to return it to the library, so I just bought a copy off Amazon. Earlier this week, I finally finished reading it aloud to him.

Tess is at the center of this story. When she was a child, her sister was abducted from the tent they were sleeping in. The man that Tess identified has died via death penalty, but new DNA evidence has exonerated him. Tess and her quest for truth lead her through many suspicions and discoveries. Not my type of story . . . but my dad seemed to enjoy it, especially finally knowing the ending!

No comments: