Sunday, December 12, 2010

Various Titles

by Doctor Seuss
mine, Mary Verbick's
various lengths

The 8th grade book club brought up the topic of Doctor Seuss last week. Mary read the Sneetches to me the next day and loaned me a book that had "The Green Pants Man" in it (not the real title, but there's an empty pair of green pants that scares the main character in it). Then I brought in two of my favorites to share with her - My Many Colored Days and Hooray for Diffendoofer Day! Then she loaned me "The King's Stilts" and "Horton Hatches an Egg." I had never heard of the stilts book, but knew Horton's story (mostly from the Jordan play with Matt Timmons as Horton). Fun stuff. Seuss was never one of my faves when the boys were little, but this has been fun to share titles with another reader.

No comments: