Friday, October 08, 2010

Erak's Ransom

by John Flanagan
Ranger's Apprentice #7
PRMS hardcover 373 pages

Going back in time to when Will was still an apprentice, this book covers the capture of Erak (as he goes on a raid to break up the monotony of being Oberjarl) by the Arradi. Cassandra and the other young ones, with the help of Halt and Gilan, go to ransom him but are instead drawn into a deadly battle in the desert.

Enjoyable as usual! My favorite part was probably the race. It reminded me a bit of Hidalgo. Looking forward to getting #8.

 

Above from 10.8.2010. Below added 6.9.23.

 

The start of the book is about Halt and Pauline planning their wedding. I only got to chapter 5 over several weeks (reading via Libby ebook) and just wasn't into it. I don't like all the jokes at Halt's expense. I don't like that this story jumps backward in the timeline (taking place before Will has his own post). I just have so many other books to read. 

No comments: