Friday, July 17, 2009

Come Thirsty

by Max Lucado
Hennepin County, hardcover, 155 pages

Considering how short this is, I can't believe it took me two months to read it! Pastor Jamie was using this for our Wednesday night Bible study, but I only got to two chapters' worth. I like to finish things!

In some ways, I don't like Lucado's writing style. In the past, I've thought of him as a bit too touchy-feely. He uses lots and lots of analogies, metaphors, and visual language. But I enjoyed this book. When I finally did start reading it, I was ready for a fresh look at God's love. The book is divided into four sections: accept His work, rely on His energy, trust His Lordship, and receive His love.

Though it didn't touch me deeply, I did enjoy the reminders woven throughout this book. God's power and love are real. No matter how sinful I am, God doesn't stop loving me. I especially liked the letter from God at the end. I could see the Scriptures pouring out. I think I'll copy this for Ann and put the verses in. . . God is good!

No comments: