Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blindspot by Kevin C. Pyle
CMSW hard cover, unpaged graphic novel

This one has me in a quandry. I bought it based on a favorable review, and I definitely think it has a lot of redeeming qualities. However, when I paged through it briefly, the word "dickweed" and a few other choice words jumped out at me. So I brought it home and read it. On the one hand, I am concerned that it promotes some very negative behaviors as "normal" "boy stuff." And on the other hand, I think it has a very good message in the end. I also think that it will resonate with a lot of my boy readers.

I had Nick read it to give me his opinion. He thinks I should keep it on the notorious "back shelf" and only check it out on request. I don't actually have a shelf like that at CMSW. I did at NP, though. It was getting pretty full by the time I left. . .

I think I'll ask Lisa G to read it and give me her opinion. Or I might ask some mature male readers - Sam or Drake.

No comments: