Monday, November 13, 2023

Enola Holmes and the Elegant Escapade (Enola Holmes #9)

by Nancy Springer

Libby audiobook 4 hours

Read by: Tamaryn Rayne

Published: 2022

Genre: YA historical fiction, mystery

 

I hadn't planned on continuing with this series, but this audiobook was available and I decided to listen. 

 

I enjoyed the story for the most part. Lady Cecily is once again in trouble. Her despotic father has locked her in her room with no clothing (other than a nightgown), no books, and no art supplies. Enola is determined to rescue her.


The part I didn't like in this story was the continual emphasis on Lady Cecily's two personalities - her "left-handed" persona of strength, determination, and creativity, and her "right-handed" weak, docile, and vapid personality. It just got old after a while.


Overall, Springer has done a delightful job with these books. I like the interplay between Enola and her brother Sherlock. I really liked the playfulness between Enola and her usual cabbie Harold. Fun!

No comments: