Saturday, February 26, 2022

Letters to the Church

by Francis Chan

Libby print & Libby audiobook 

Published: 2018

Genre: non-fiction, Christianity

 

I've struggled with this book. There's so much to it! I had the "print" version on Libby and bookmarked some passages. Then I had to return it because there was such a long waiting list.


I got the audio version and was at about 3:50 of 5:30 hours . . . and yesterday it was auto-returned because there's a waiting list for it. (It was read by someone other than the author. I like listening to Chan; he is so passionate!)


I'm trying to not buy stuff I don't need, but I'm tempted to buy this book and take my dear sweet time reading it!


His basic premise is how "church" in America today is a far cry from what we read about in the Bible. How can we be like the New Testament church, the way Jesus taught?


Chapter headings: The Departure, Sacred, The Order, The Gang, Servants, Good Shepherds, Crucified, Unleashed, Church Again, and Surviving Arrogance. He has a lot of really good teaching in here.

 

Curious? Check out his video talking about this book. (Scroll down to get to the Vimeo video.)

No comments: