Wednesday, July 22, 2020

In Grandma's Attic: Stories to live, love, laugh & learn by

by Arleta Richardson
from Betty LaMoore's books, paperback 110 pages
published: 1974
genre: short stories, life wisdom, folksy, Christian

This book was in a box I was sorting through. It belonged to my mother-in-law. (The sticker inside the cover had a mailing label with an address on Oregon Avenue in Bloomington . . . which was before I started dating Louie in 1983.)

I decided to read it because it looked interesting. Short little stories told by a grandmother to her granddaughter. In the introduction, the author writes about her grandmother's stories and the time they spent together. What a lovely piece of personal family history this short story collection is!

I especially love that grandma tells about some of the mistakes she made and the forgiveness she experienced from her parents. Her granddaughter learns from the stories, too.

This will go to my sister-in-law now. I'm glad I read it. Fun little book!

No comments: