Sunday, March 22, 2020

If Walls Could Talk

by Juliet Blackwell
Hennepin County Library audiobook 6 CDs
read by Xe Sands
genre: paranormal murder mystery

Overall, this was an interesting murder mystery. Mel(anie) Turner runs her father's construction business for rich people in the San Francisco bay area. She gets drawn into investigating who killed Kenneth C (and how it was done).

The occult, seance, ouija boards, etc. bothered me more than the actual ghost(s) who communicated with Mel. I'm not a big fan of messing with paranormal phenomenon . . . unless you're talking about God's moving things miraculously!

There were a lot of characters - Mel, her dad, Stan (family friend in wheelchair), Caleb (Mel's ex's son), Dylan (Caleb's friend, Matt's son), Matt Addix (faded rock star, house flipper wannabe), Grahame (former beau of Mel's, now an OSHA dude), Kenneth (the victim), Jason (the architect), Rory (restauranteur), Bryce (investigator), . . .

Since libraries are closed because of Covid-19, I think I'll give this to my sister Louise. She'll probably enjoy it more than I did!

No comments: