Thursday, April 30, 2015

Something, Maybe

by Elizabeth Scott
Hennepin County Library audiobook 5 CDs
genre: YA romance
read by Ellen Grafton

I couldn't finish even one CD. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the story or the narrator that was troublesome. Then I knew that whether the story was worth the time or not, I simply could not listen to the voice anymore! It was nasal? Whiny? Just plain irritating!

The story is about Hannah, whose father is an elderly playboy-type. Her mother is a has-been actress who tries to capitalize on her looks. Hannah just wants to disappear. Hannah has a crush on co-worker Josh, who is attractive, smart, and civic-minded. Her co-worker Finn is just irritating. What will it take for her to get Josh to really notice her?

I'll probably never know unless I am holding a print copy of this book in my hands.

No comments: