Thursday, April 30, 2015

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)

by Sarah J. Maas
YAC hardcover 569 pages
genre: fantasy adventure

I read this because none of my Young Adult Choices readers wanted to read book three in a series that they hadn't read books one and two of . . . and since I had read book one, I "got" the characters and storyline to enough of a degree to tackle this one. I read it a little at a time each day over lunch, then finally brought it home last weekend to finish it.

Liked:
- characters, especially Rowan
- mystery / what will happen next
- Celaena's growth as an individual and her ability to handle her powers
- the writing is much better than in book one. She has developed as an author!

Disliked:
- three different story lines, especially with the witches. Since I didn't read book two, I may have missed some major plot developments
- after 569 pages, I want to know the outcome! There will be at least one more book . . .

No comments: