Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Deeply Odd

by Dean Koontz
Hennepin County Library audiobook 8 discs
read by David Aaron Baker
genre: paranormal adventure, mystery

This one actually had me wondering what would happen to Odd. It was so very dark in places . . . I still like the very first Odd Thomas book the best. This one was hard to listen to in places with the demons and the evil. I liked Edie Fischer, though thought her unusual addition to Odd's life to be a bit too coincidental. I liked the interactions with Alfred Hitchcock's ghost, though I still prefer Elvis Presley - again, the first story is best! This is a new release, but I'm already anticipating the next installment. I haven't ever read any other Koontz books, but I love this character. As always, Baker does an excellent job voicing it.

Bugged me: repetitions. I understand Koontz including info from other stories to "catch" readers up if they haven't read the other Odd Thomas books, but he repeated within this book. For example, Odd explaining Stormy's interpretation of the afterlife to Mrs. Fisher and then again to Alfred Hitchcock. It gets old! It was fun to read some of the reviews on Amazon. I should pay more attention to my writing! But as always, this blog is just my spot to record my reactions. I liked this book a lot.

No comments: