Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blue Moon Bay

by Lisa Wingate
Hennepin County Library paperback 377 pages
genre: Christian fiction

"For Seattle architect Heather Hampton, a trip back to tiny Moses Lake, Texas, is hardly in the plan. Yet because a promotion hinges on the sale of the family farmland, Heather heads to the last place she ever watned to go. She's determined to return home, signed contract in hand, the next day."

This was a wonderful book! Maddening at times - I actually had to set it aside for a bit - the relationships and characters were engaging. I empathized with Heather while I thought she should work on her communication skills. There was some mystery at the end, and of course everything works out. Some of these people wasted 16 years not resolving issues, though.

I hadn't heard of this author before. Book Club should be fun!

9/1/13
Book club WAS fun! It's always a joy to hear other people's opinions. I already took my post-it flags out of the book, but I marked sections where Heather expressed her love for her brother Clay, where she compared Clay's attitude to having faith, where she remembers her father talking about accepting Jesus and the way he loved unconditionally . . . there were a lot of good parts in this book. I mostly didn't like how her family kept secrets from her. We also had a good conversation about parents being partial to one child over another. How can people do that?

No comments: