Monday, May 03, 2010

The Blind Side

by Michael Lewis
PRMS paperback 339 pages
genre: sports biography

This telling of Michael Oher's life story was fascinating. Now I'm ready to see the movie! And I'm curious to know more. As the author points out in the afterward, he was too impatient to wait to see how Michael's story turns out. This young man went from a homeless, uneducated teenager to a member of a wealthy white family who was courted by many football programs. The Duohy family made such a huge difference in his life! The historical info on football was less interesting to me, though some of it amazed me. I didn't really know who Lawrence Taylor was, but for one man to impact the game so much is incredible. What an intriguing story. Kudos to the author's wife for pointing out that it was a story that needed to be told! Miss Sue is my favorite person in this story - the educator.

No comments: