Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Truer Than True Romance

by Jeanne Martinet
PRMS paper 112 pages
genre: humor / romance

What a hoot! When I saw this on the media center shelf, I did a double-take. This is a snarky, sarcastic take on the stereotypical 1940s romance comics. The original splash page is reprinted next to this author's rewritten story lines. A comics-lovers delight. I'm going to send it to the high school, because I don't think most middle schoolers would get it at all. It's hilarious!

2 comments:

Jeanne Martinet said...

Thank you so much for liking my book TRUER THAN TRUE ROMANCE! It was unfortunately published right before 9/11 and so went out of print pretty quickly. But I love that it's still out there, giving people a laugh.

--Jeanne
www.Missmingle.com

Jeanne LaMoore said...

Jeanne,
Thanks for the comment! It's always a delight to me when someone reads & responds. I'm not much of a blogger. Just curious - do you pronounce your name "Jean" or "Jeannie"? Mine's the former - thanks to a French Canadian father. Though I get called many different things . . . I added your blog to my reader - thanks for sharing your talent!