Monday, November 09, 2009

Skeleton Creek: Ryan's Journal

by Patrick Carman
JES, hard cover, 186 pages

Mystery. Suspense. The book is a teenage boy's journal about the mysterious happenings at the Dredge (#42 asset). I chose to just read the book without going online and watching the related videos. I think I'm missing too much from the Sarah half of the story. If/when I have time, I'll go to www.sarahfincher.com
Here are the passwords in order:
houseofusher
theraven
pitandpendulum
amontillado
drjekyllandmrhyde
peterquint
lucywestenra
miltonarbogast
tanginabarrons

I can see why the multimedia approach appeals to kids. The story was interesting, with clues about gold, alchemy, etc. leaking out. But it didn't feel complete at all. Good to know that in terms of booktalking it.

No comments: