Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Quilter's Apprentice

by Jennifer Chiaverini
Dakota County, paperback, 271 pages

Quilting story - Sarah McClure is job-hunting and stumbles into quilting. Sylvia Compson is a bitter old woman who just wants her house fixed up so she can sell it.

Liked - the description of the house, the fact that I've met this author, the relationships among the women, the historical storytelling, the draw to quilting. I loved it when Chiaverini (in person, at a Minnesota Quilt meeting) told us about people who have asked her about going to workshops at (fictional) Elm Creek Quilts. :-)

Didn't like - how mousy Sarah was, especially in her job-hunting and in how she communicated with her husband. What a wimp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed her books, even though I don't quilt. It did make me want to start.
Jodi P.