Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Named

by Marianne Curley
paperback, CMSW, 333 pages

Ethan is a Guardian of Time. He becomes Isabel's Trainer because events are moving forward to the point where a conflict between the Order of Chaos and the Guardians is imminent. They must train in secret and never reveal the secrets of the Guardians, but they are humans as well as teenagers and make mistakes.

Still can't decide if I love it or hate it . . . time travel is always problematic, but this is presented in kind of an intriguing way. Interesting characters, especially Arkarian and Marduke. Liked the history angle. Have my suspicions about Rochelle (and Matt). Not sure if I want to read the rest of the series. Can see the appeal for some kids. I had to hurry and finish it because I had it at home and two different students requested it!

No comments: