Thursday, August 24, 2023

Half a Chance

by Cynthia Lord

Libby audiobook 5 hours

read by: Maria Cabezas

Published: 2014

Genre: YA realistic fiction

 

I hadn't realized that the narrator is the same person who read Handful of Stars. She does a great job!

 

Lucy's dad is a professional photographer who has the family moving frequently. She loves to take photos, too, but her dad is more critical than encouraging.


She is new to a quiet New England lake when she meets Nate, a nice kid whose grandmother is succumbing to dementia. They go on "loon patrol" and report back to her. I love loons, so I instantly connected with that part of the story! 


I liked the story and the characters (except the dad - he bugged me). I liked the descriptions of the photographs and the contest. I love the loons!

No comments: