Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Report Card

by Andrew Clements

Prips paperback 173 pages

Published: 2004

Genre: Children's realistic fiction


I was "helping" Louie with a plumbing job at the parsonage and grabbed this book to pass the time. I had seen it before on my media center shelves but had never really looked at it closely. Clements is a delightful, solid writer. I'm so glad I grabbed it!


Nora Rose Rowley is an extraordinary genius, but has worked hard to make sure everyone thinks of her as an average student. Even her parents don't know how smart she is! When she sets out to draw attention to the growing emphasis on grades and testing (and the negative effect it can have on students), the consequences are not what she had predicted.


There were so many lines and scenes that tickled my fancy! I loved how Nora interacted with the librarian. This is a book I would enjoy re-reading and having on my own bookshelf.

No comments: