Sunday, January 03, 2021

A Fistful of Collars

 by Spencer Quinn

Scott County hardcover 309 pages

genre: mystery

Published: 2012

Book #5 in the Chet and Bernie series


Bernie and Chet are hired to keep an eye on movie star Thad Perry as he is in town filming a Western. Something odd is going on, though, and the detective duo work on figuring out the connections between the past and present. 


Honestly, I'm not sure I followed all the threads of this story . . . and I was reading the print version! Perhaps I've gotten used to Frangione's vocal work on the audiobooks. The knife-throwing part was weird and interesting. I liked the way Chet got along with Thad's cat Brando by the end of the book. 


Still, my favorite aspect of these books is the refreshing dog perspective - so much more innocent and straight-forward than humans!



No comments: