Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Heart of Barkness

A Chet & Bernie Mystery 

By Spencer Quinn

Carver County Library audiobook 8 CDs

read by  Jim Frangione


Oh my! I love these books! And what a delightful relief after Catch-22 . . . this mystery told from the dog's point of view was an enjoyable tale. I've only listened to two of these, so I don't know if I would like it as well in print. The narrator does a wonderful job.

 

I laughed when the very thought of peeing made Chet need to pee. 


Country music, high school power trips, power and control, family estrangement and reconciliation . . .

 

Lottie Pilgrim was a more complex character than I realized at first. I did guess the "bad guy" pretty early on, though. 

 

Small local newspaper having no reporters and relying instead on AI . . . sad thought and certainly becoming a reality.

 

"The Nation Within" - I love that these stories are told from Chet's doggy point of view! I got book one from the library so Louie can enjoy them. I'll do a "re-read" of course. It's been a long time since I experienced the first book in this series. This one is apparently #9 of 11.  Now I'll "read" them all in order!





No comments: