Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Time Is Too Precious

This isn't the title of a book I read . . . rather it's acknowledgement of the fact that I do not need to complete a book just because I start it!

I can be rather compulsive. I am also curious and I love reading. That said, sometimes I need to recognize the fact that if I'm not enjoying a book or learning from it, I can just be done with it. I started to listen to an audiobook that I had already renewed at least once . . . I had even made notes about it to blog. But then I realized that the book was just bugging me. It was like a trashy romance book that aspired to something higher and better. Back to the library.

Then I started to listen to another audiobook that seemed like a higher-quality type of book. Again, I made some notes. A 75-year-old with a brain tumor, contemplating her life. But whether it was the text or the reader's strident voice, I just wasn't getting into it. Back to the library. Two in a row! That's almost unheard of for me.

No comments: