Friday, November 28, 2014

Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy

by Tui T. Sutherland
PRMS donation paperback 304 pages
genre: fantasy

I read this (not sure where it came from) because one of the YAC books is #5 in this series and none of my kids wants to read that without reading 1-4. Not sure I want to buy all the books in the series (since my budget for the year is almost gone) . . . but I enjoyed this. It reminded me a lot of the Warriors books, but with dragons instead of cats. Lots of "clans" - SkyWing, MudWing, NightWing, etc. Lots of fighting, the young trying to find their place in the world.

Clay
Sunny
Glory
Starflight
Tsunami

Clay is the clear focus of this first book. I'm going to booktalk this to my 8th grade book club first and then see if there is interest in the series.

No comments: