Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Princess

by Lori Wick
personal paperback 294 pages
genre: Christian romance

I'm not sure who gave this to me, but I was trying to de-clutter and contemplating just getting rid of it. Then I decided to give it a look-see. Then I went from "contrived" to "I need to finish reading this." It's a very odd mix of romance and witnessing the power of Jesus Christ in people's lives. I think I'll bring it up to the lake for when I want to re-read it.

Shelby decides to marry the widowed prince Nicolai (because the county's law declares the heir to the throne must be married by his 26th birthday) based on her parents' encouragement and the king's and queen's kindness. Never having seen him face-to-face (and wearing a blushing veil on her Big Day), they are virtual strangers. Like I said, contrived. But somewhere along the way, I grew to care about the characters and the story. I'm glad I read it (and have a tiny bit less clutter in my bedroom).

No comments: