Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter

by Liz Wiseman with Greg McKeown
Hennepin County Library hardcover 250 pages
genre: non-fiction leadership

I struggled with this book and wish I'd had time to finish it (due today and no renewals because of the waiting list). Our district leaders (administration) are reading this and I was curious.

On the one hand, I appreciate "multipliers" like Sue Kreuser (the best boss I *ever* had!). I worked harder for her than for any other principal and didn't resent it or feel used at all.

On the other hand, this comes across almost as a "how to get more out of your employees without spending more money" type of book. That doesn't sit well when I see how stretched everyone around me is feeling. We're not working hard enough already?

Like I said, I'm conflicted . . . but I think a lot depends on what I'm bringing to the reading of this book. I love working with good leaders and need to try to be a "multiplier" kind of teacher! This just didn't connect very strongly for me.

No comments: