Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Fallen

volume one in "The Nine Lives of Chloe King" series
by Celia Thomson
Hennepin County Library, paperback, 250 pages
genre: YA paranormal romance

A very intelligent young lady highly recommended this to me. She is an avid reader and I eagerly picked this up to see what she was enjoying so much. I'm not sure why she recommended it so highly. The sexual innuendo? The risky behaviors? The slight mystery of why Chloe seems to be turning into a cat? I found it abrupt, poorly developed, and ultimately pointless. I have no empathy for Chloe or her friends, Amy and Paul. I certainly don't care about Xaviyer, Brian, or Aleyc. I do care that a young woman I have a good opinion of is raving about a book with such careless teen use of alcohol, swearing, dishonesty, and sex . . . but I probably won't see her to tell her what I really think of this book. I won't be reading the rest of this series!!!

No comments: