Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Throne of Glass

by Sarah J. Maas
Hennepin County Library hardcover 404 pages
genre: fantasy adventure romance

Ceaena Sardothien is an 18-year-old deadly assassin who has been in the prison hell-hole of Endovier. Crown Prince Dorian and Captain of the Guard Chaol come there to invite her to compete to be the king's Champion. The king - who has murdered her people, sent her to prison, and has the power of life and death over her.

At times, this book bugged me with its amateurish feel. I finished it in two days, however, because I wanted to know which guy she would end up with, who was the source of the evil, what Princess Nehemia was up to . . .

Again, I'm not in the mood to blog tonight. I enjoyed the book and am curious about what the author is working on for a sequel. Not going to be a highly recommended by me, though. It just wasn't stunning enough.

No comments: