Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Three Cups of Tea: The Young Reader's Edition

by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
Adapted by Sarah Thomson
CMSW, paperback, 209 pages

This is our February book club pick. I really enjoyed it, and am curious now to read the original version. I did like the fact that this version included an interview with Mortenson's daughter Amira and had lots of color photos. What an incredible young man to take an experience like getting lost on a mountain and turn it into a life-changing opportunity for so many people in Pakistan and Afghanistan!

The most surprising thing to me was that he got married six days after meeting Tara! His persistence and determination to follow through on his promises are also admirable.

1 comment:

Sarah Rother said...

I haven't read the whole book yet, but I can say with 100% certainty that the young readers edition is better than the original. Well...at least for me it's better. It is a fun, light read whereas the original was heavy and at times overwhelming in details about mountain climbing.