Sunday, October 05, 2008

Breaking Dawn

by Stephenie Meyer
hard cover, CMSW, 754 pages

Spoiler alert!

Edward and Bella get married, procreate, Bella turns into a vampire, Jacob imprints on her baby (Renesmee), the Volturi come out in force, the good guys win.

I'm glad it's over. Each successive book has become less interesting to me, but I understand why these stories are so incredibly popular with my students.

There are a lot of vampire things that I'd love to ask the author about. Why wouldn't the human blood consumers choose victims that thinned the herd of bad humans? If vampires don't have beating hearts and blood circulation, how exactly do the male vampires get to the point where procreation is possible? Well, the questions don't end there, but I've had enough of this genre.

No comments: