Monday, July 01, 2024

The Wandering Hour

(The Doomsday Archives book 1)

by Zack Loran Clark and Nick Eliopulos

Libby audiobook 5 hours

Read by: Ramon De Ocampo

Published: 2024

Genre: children's suspense, supernatural


I'm not sure what I expected, but I did not enjoy this book much. Three kiddos - Emrys, Hazel, and Serena - love horror movies. Emrys is new to town and is a bit of a third wheel to Hazel and Serena's long-term friendship. They get drawn in to a real-life mystery that involves the disappearance of kids but it also involves monsters, magic, and the stopping of time for an hour. The huge hourglass with blood red sand was an interesting detail. It was enough to keep me listening for part of a work shift, but definitely NOT one I'll want to recommend, re-read, or find book 2 when it's published.

No comments: