Thursday, July 04, 2024

The Confession (Reading Log)

by: Beverly Lewis

I read it late July 2oo6

This is from my Excel reading log. I was looking for C.S. Lewis and this was the closest author name.

 

Here's my "review":

Amish gal leaves the roost because . . . I don't remember. She's shunned for something minor. She tries to find her biological mother. She gets a job in her biomom's rich household, but doesn't know how to approach her on her deathbed. The evil husband brought in an actress to play the part of the missing daughter, so  he can inherit everything his dying wife is leaving .  . . yada yada

 

Just didn't work for me. It was on Viv's shelf, and I started reading it while brushing my teeth. Too much smarm, too little real motivation. The romance-y stuff was okay.


(That's what I wrote almost twenty years ago - verbatim.)


No comments: