Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Genius Denied: How to Stop Wasting Our Brightest Young Minds (Reading Log)

By: Jan Davidson, Bob Davidson, and Laura Venderkam

Carver County Library hardcover 250+ pages

Published: 2007

 

Only 280 more titles to move from my old Excel reading log to this blog! :-) 

I finished reading this and wrote about it on 4.10.2007.


My summary: "The authors write about the status of gifted education in America, chronicle specific families' stories of frustration and success and offer advice for different perspectives."


My response: "This was an eye-opener. I never thought about a lot of these points. Especially for highly gifted kids, it seems insane that we are warehousing them (by and large) instead of offering them the best opportunities. Combined with some of the ideas in the World is Flat, it makes me want to DO something!"

 

Hmmm. As a teacher, I never felt as though I was very good at working with gifted kids. I'm sure that working with Lucy LeMay inspired me to push myself as an educator. Having been labelled as a gifted kid, I ought to have been more dynamic, I think.


No comments: